Wings of Love Services is currently looking to hire individuals to work in our Adult Day Program that will add motivation and compassion to the individuals we serve. Our goals are to engage community-based activities as well as introduce our clients to new exciting experiences. This position is full time Monday- Friday.
Job duties include:
1. Day program activities: encourage and assist with developing interests.
2. Self help skills: how to cook and prepare meals
3. Community Outings: bowling, movies, arts and crafts, etc.
4. Social Skills Development: engage with socializing with peers and members of the community.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with WOLS staff and families both verbally and written.
- Someone who can conduct, lead, and supervise socialization activities to those with developmentally disabilities.
- Carry out job duties, meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess the skills to exercise cultural competency, sensitivity, maturity, and good judgement.
- Effectively work collaboratively as part of the team in the office, as well as the ability to work with a variety of potentially challenging behaviors.
- Excellent time management skills with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Must be over 18 years old
- Strong background and work experience working with adults with disabilities in the community setting
- Provide supervision and activities to those with developmental disabilities
- Role model effective ways of working with those who have challenging behaviors
- Write a daily report that reflects goals for each client
- Report all suspected abuse according to laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance
- Prior to first day of employment, must have fingerprint clearance and maintain clearance throughout employment
- Must have CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must be able to help with wheelchair transfers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required License or Certification