This position requires work in a temperature-controlled environment 80-90% of the time. You may need to operate a Computer, Fax Machine, Telephone System, Elevator. Large amounts of time may be spent walking or standing, with moderate amounts of bending and crouching and little time spent sitting, reaching, or reading. Routine tasks may involve exposure to blood or other bodily fluids/tissues. There is a medium risk of Workplace Violence.
Specific Areas of Responsibility to Position
· Assists residents with activities of daily living; including, but not limited to gathering clients for meals, physical fitness, group activities, outings
· Supervise clients, assure clients are accounted for and observed every 15 minutes.
· Assists in supervising the maintenance of all necessary equipment and supplies to the program.
· Ensures client safety through maintaining confidentiality, verbal de-escalation techniques, and knowledge of policies and procedures regarding emergencies, performing security and safety checks and reports all client issues to nursing staff, Clinical Supervisor and Counselors
· Effectively transitions clients and orients, new residents, with activities of daily living.
· Follows all discharge and return protocol
· Completes med monitoring accurately and thoroughly, following all policies and procedures
· Respond to all emergency codes effectively efficiently.
· Participates with residents in their therapeutic activities and uses interventions from treatment and plan care of residents.
· Monitor for a visitor or other prior clients who may come into the facility with possible contraband and evaluate for agency client safety.
· Conducts unit rounds thoroughly, keeping in mind unit safety and milieu management; accurately documents rounds and safety checks on shift log
· Demonstrates professional demeanor in dealing with all client interactions, keeping in mind customer service standards, i.e., the customer is #1.
· Accurately reports all relevant client interactions or observable, potentially problematic behaviors to the nursing staff, Clinical Supervisor and Counselors, in a timely manner.
· Maintains residents’ confidentiality continuously in all interactions with the visitors, clients, and other individuals.
· Utilizes skills of observation and training to assist in educational sessions and reports client behaviors and interactions to the nursing staff, Clinical Supervisor and Counselors.
· Other duties as assigned