The Community Outreach Liaison’s Essential Duties Are:
- Responsible for census growth, relationship development, and day to day care partner account management within assigned territory.
- Will design and implement strategic sales plans within assigned territory working closely with clinical and admissions teams.
- Nurture relationships with care partners in Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Physicians’ offices, Hospitals and other community partners on a regular basis to promote Ohio’s Hospice and an understanding of hospice services.
- Establishes and maintains professional and positive relationships with current and future referral sources.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of the provider’s service area.
- Interprets market data and understands the local competitive market.
- Provides ongoing education to community partners and updates on Ohio’s Hospice services and benefits.
- Represents Ohio’s Hospice by participating in and attending community events and after-hours events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree + equivalent experience in healthcare or business development
- Must demonstrate a successful Long Term Care or Healthcare sales and marketing experience with a proven record of accomplishments
- Must demonstrate strong public relations, negotiation, and communications skills.
- Two years of hospice or related healthcare experience preferred.
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and communicate effectively, CRM experience preferred.
- Ability to drive during daytime, nighttime, or inclement weather.
- Valid Driver’s License with Safe Driving Record
- State Minimum Automobile Insurance Coverage
Benefits & Perks: your health and happiness matters! We offer:
- Competitive Pay (we actually mean it!)
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Preparation for certification and pay incentive on Hospice certification achievement
- Scrubs provided
- Stipend toward purchase of career wear
- Mileage reimbursement
- Organizational preceptor to assist with orientation and ongoing education
- Educational programs geared toward career advancement
- Career growth
- And much, much, more!
Ohio’s Hospice complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Ohio’s Hospice is proud to be platinum certified through SAGECare, which provides training and consulting on LGBT aging issues to service providers. Ohio’s Hospice welcomes those in the LGBT community to join our team.