Senior Resource Connection is seeking an experienced Custodial Worker for a full-time position located at our downtown Dayton office. This position is eligible for a rich benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid Life Insurance, 401K, paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (starting with 3 weeks’ paid vacation, sick time, personal day, and volunteer time off).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
This position is accountable for the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Senior Resource Connection buildings and offices as well as the general maintenance of lighting, HVAC, end of day waste removal and building security.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Assures the assigned building and offices are thoroughly cleaned each day.
a. Waste cans are emptied, and all trash is removed from building and compacted in the dumpster by end of each day.
b. Coordinates with Vehicle Maintenance if any supplies are needed.
c. Minor vehicle repairs as needed.
d. Replaces any filters for furnace or air conditioners as needed.
e. Storage closets and areas will be kept clean and neat with all cleaning supplies stored appropriately.
f. Keep an inventory of all tools and equipment used in the performance of the maintenance & custodial position.
2. Cleans parking lots and grounds.
3. Assists with ice and snow removal and salt application, coordinates with snow removal service for parking lots.
4. Monitors minor repair needs for building.
a. Replaces burned out light bulbs as needed (for 105 S. Wilkinson and 222 Salem buildings).
b. Ensures that minor painting or woodwork touch-up is done.
c. Replaces stained ceiling tiles as needed.
d. Report any faulty equipment or other major repairs needed to Supervisor.
e. Performs minor maintenance repair as needed.
5. Secures building and sets alarms daily. (105 S. Wilkinson building only)
a. Answer after hour’s security alarm calls.
6. Coordinate any supply or equipment requirements, as well as periodic or specialty cleaning.
7. Performs general organizational errands as indicated by the Supervisor.
8. Provides any other appropriate support for the successful operation and appearance of the building or surrounding grounds.
9. Act as substitute driver for Bulk and Meals on Wheels as needed.
10. Fill in in the frozen department as needed.
11. Responsible for:
a. Repairing roof or ceiling leaks or coordinating needed repairs.
b. Oliver Machine maintenance and repairs.
c. Oliver Machine stock and inventory of trays.
d. Rotate files for shredding.
f. Maintain air compressor for HVAC units.
g. Maintenance and repair of ice machine; monitor for needs both inside and out.
h. Rumpke maintenance.
i. Inspection assistance-boiler, elevator, fire, sprinkler, etc.
j. Work with outside contractors for HVAC, electrical work, and major plumbing.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor for the efficient operation of the department and the agency.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE OF: Standard business janitorial/custodial/general maintenance and building utility procedures and requirements as well as sanitation and safety standards and HVAC.
ABILITY TO: Use required cleaning chemicals, operate the equipment utilized in standard cleaning operations, use common tools, operate lawn, and garden equipment and work well with a variety of persons, including staff, supervisor, clients, and the general public.
SKILL IN: Business janitorial, custodial, and general maintenance
Completion of a standard high school course of study or equivalent with at least one (1) year of janitorial/custodial experience. Must be flexible in time scheduling and capable of moderate lifting (50-100 lbs. with or without lift assists)
Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and appropriate auto insurance, have and maintain a good driving record; must possess a reliable vehicle and must pass a criminal background check and maintain a clear record.