VRS is looking for a qualified Dietary Aide to prepare and serve food to people in our facilities. You will deliver dishes and ensure good sanitary condition in cooking and dining premises. A Dietary Aide must be capable to prepare food following instructions while adhering to all safety and health standards. They must be competent and conscientious with a customer-oriented approach. The goal is to provide excellent food services by following instructions and standards.
- Set up tables or other dining areas with attention to cleanliness and order.
- Prepare meals under the supervision of a dietary manager or cook.
- Deliver dishes and trays at designated times and rooms.
- Take down dining areas and collect plates, glasses, etc.
- Discard leftovers and take out garbage.
- Clean food stations, wash dishes, cooking vessels, and silverware.
- Stock ingredients and monitor inventory.
- Assist in keeping track of expenses and menu planning.
- Help maintain kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Proven experience as a dietary aide.
- Further experience in customer service will be appreciated.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Skilled in preparing meals according to instructions.
- Apt in operating cookware, bakeware, and cooking appliances.
- Friendly with good communication skills.
- Good physical condition and stamina.
- High school diploma or equivalent; certification in food services is a plus.