A Friend In Deed is seeking Driver Advocates to transport clients from assigned destinations. This is a 1099 contracted employee position. Must be willing to be trained and advocate on behalf of people needing transportation assistance.
- Documentation of all trips prior to the start and conclusion of each trip.
- Perform pre-trip / post-trip inspections for property damage and cleanliness.
- Sanitize all vehicles prior to start of shift.
- Document current vehicle mileage on inspection report.
- Maintain clean personal appearance in the proper assigned uniform.
- Protect company assets and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all riders.
- Assist individuals with disabilities in accordance with company policy, standards, and procedures.
- Exchange information with employer and other company employees using electronic devices (e.g., email, cell phones, two-way radios, computers).
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients.
- Maintain professional behavior and attitude when dealing with public or corporate partners.
- Develop and maintain safe driving habits.
- Minimum High School Diploma / GED.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 4 points.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, FBI, and BCI background check.
- Must have own vehicle in good repair and appearance.
- Must be available to work from 7:00 am to 9:00 am and 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm Monday-Friday.
- Able to work in all weather conditions. At times weekends, and Holidays may be required.
- Must be able to stand, sit, run, and walk for an extended period of time.
- May be required to move, lift, carry, push, pull, objects weighing more than 50 pounds without assistance.
- The starting pay rate for this position is $17/ hour, 20 hours a week with opportunities to pick up additional routes paying up to 40 percent of what the route pays in addition to hourly wage.
- All pay raises are subject to evaluation reports and final approval.