What You Should Know About the Hospitality Steward Role:
This is a PRN position with varied amount of hours per week.
The schedule will be Monday-Friday with hours being 8:00am-5:00pm
- Greets guests and visitors in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner by directing/guiding visitors to the appropriate person/location within the facility to ensure safety and accurate information to our visitors. Provides information as needed on area hotels, restaurants, transportation information, etc.
- Answer and interact with callers to the Shaw Hospitality Desk in a helpful, polite and respectful manner.
- Uses RELATE communication model when communicating with guests and teammates.
- Trains and supports Hospitality Desk volunteers with assigned tasks to support superior delivery of hospitality services.
- Administrative support is provided to the Education and Human Resources Departments as needed.
- Consistently works as team member to support achievement of organizational and departmental specific goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Annual education completed by deadline to ensure staff has the information and tools to complete their job satisfactorily and meet regulatory compliance.
- TB screen is maintained annually as required to meet regulatory compliance.
- Follow all applicable federal and state regulations, including HIPAA, compliance and employment regulations. Complies with all Ohio’s Hospice policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Open to being trained on some kitchen duties
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay (we actually mean it!)
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Preparation for certification and pay incentive on Hospice certification achievement
- Scrubs provided
- Stipend toward purchase of career wear
- Mileage reimbursement
- Organizational preceptor to assist with orientation and ongoing education
- Educational programs geared toward career advancement
- Career growth
- And much, much, more!
Ohio’s Hospice complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Ohio’s Hospice is proud to be platinum certified through SAGECare, which provides training and consulting on LGBT aging issues to service providers. Ohio’s Hospice welcomes those in the LGBT community to join our team.