Senior Resource Connection is seeking an experienced INTAKE CLERK in our Meals on Wheels program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
This position is accountable for assisting the Meals on Wheels Records Coordinator in tabulating and maintaining accurate records for the Meals on Wheels Division of the Nutrition Services Department with strict client confidentiality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Helps to maintain accurate records to document the activities of the Meals on Wheels division.
- Completes new client intake procedures.
- Prepares route sheets for use by drivers on a weekly basis.
- Maintains accurate Meal on Wheels filing system.
- Assists in reviewing, on a daily basis, the completed Meals on Wheels route sheets and attempts to contact customers who did not receive their meal.
Provides additional clerical support to the staff of the Meals on Wheels division of the Nutrition Services Department as needed.
- Answer telephone and assist callers appropriately.
- Reproduces documents, reports and forms as needed.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and other documents using word processing software as required by supervisor.
Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor including delivery of meals if needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE OF: Office practices and procedures; automated office equipment and
computer software systems; general filing procedures; and writing
ABILITY TO: Communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
to establish, organize and maintain records, files, and other information;
maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, grantors and the general public.
SKILLED IN: Production keyboarding/typing
Completion of a standard high-school course of study or equivalent.
Minimum of one (1) year of clerical experience.
Previous experience in a service-oriented business environment preferred.
Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and appropriate auto insurance. Must pass a criminal background check.