TITLE: Maintenance Worker
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
FLSA STATUS: Non – Exempt
DATE PREPARED: November 3, 2021
The primary purpose of this position is to provide maintenance repairs and rehabilitation work of residential rental properties throughout Montgomery County.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform property maintenance and janitorial work in a manner, which ensures economic value, quality work and timely completion.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluating the performance of property maintenance service and supply vendors in a manner which ensures economic value, quality work and timely completion.
- Respond in a timely manner to emergency maintenance problems that may require attention outside of normal working hours.
- Assist in implementing a Preventative Maintenance Schedule that prevents unnecessary equipment wear, increases equipment efficiency, and identifies required maintenance before it reaches a crisis stage.
- Alert the Maintenance Director to the anticipated need for any major maintenance or rehabilitation work.
- Complete Property Maintenance Work Order forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete required paperwork to track acquisition, inventory, and disposal of fixed assets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete Move-Out Inspection forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation
- Develop and maintain an effective working rapport with tenants, vendors and represent the interests of MVHO in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Perform all job duties in such a manner to assure compliance with MVHO operating policies and procedures.
- Provide information regarding MVHO property maintenance operations and activities to the MVHO Maintenance Director as needed.
No supervisory responsibilities
For successful company culture integration, all employees must demonstrate the following competencies;
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Meets commitments; Responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months – one year related experience and/or training in property maintenance and janitorial services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to provide own tools. Willingness to work flexible schedule. Ability to work in team environment with limited supervision. Experience working with persons who have mental health, physical and substance disorders, preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to utilize software to prepare, track and close work orders, log into and out of computer systems for payroll purposes, receive and send emails.
Position incumbents performing the essential duties and responsibilities typically exhibit the following physical demands. Theses physical demands are not, and should not be construed to be job qualification standards, but are illustrated to help the employer, employee and/or applicant identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may need to be made when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job’s essential duties because of an ADA disability.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 – 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee may be exposed to the day-to day-weather, extreme heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually normal to noisy.