Medical Assistant (OMJ/MC)
Medical Assistants perform a range of clerical tasks that help maintain organization and keep the facility the work in running efficiently. Administrative tasks like scheduling appointments, answering calls, fielding patient questions, taking patients’ medical history, filling and maintaining patient records generally fall to the medical assistant.
In addition to their clerical responsibilities, medical assistants perform a variety of clinical tasks and work under the direct supervision of registered nurses and physicians. It is not uncommon for a medical assistant to aid a physician during a patient’s checkup or record a patient’s vital signs before meeting with the doctor.
Medical Assistants are responsible for performing a range of administrative tasks to include:
- Greeting patients and checking patients in and out for the appointments
- Managing office telephone systems, including answering calls and returning messages
- Processing new client referrals initial documentation during the intake process
- Scheduling patient appointments and maintaining communication to confirm future appointments
- Documenting patients’ medical information, including vitals, medical history and health insurance information into our Electronic Medical System (EMR).
- Uploading patients medical records to google drive
- Providing compassionate patient support and care, attention and assistance during office visits
Complexity of Work:
Requires ability to communicate effectively, exceptional attention to detail, and familiarity with digital record system
Education and Training/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A high school diploma with a minimum of three years relevant work experience is required
- Valid First Aid / CPR Certification
- Must demonstrate prior to ninety days of hire, competencies in basic mental health skills along with competencies established by the agency.