What You Should Know About the Medical Social Worker Role:
- The Medical Social Worker is a DRIVING position
- This is a PRN position. We are looking for someone who can pick up daytime hours during the week
- We provide superior care and superior services to patients at their end of life journey. Only those who have a heart for hospice will succeed
The Medical Social Worker’s Essential Duties Are:
We provide superior care for patients in families in homes/facilities. The Medial Social Worker will utilize their advanced educational background, their clinical expertise, judgment and discretion, to help identify the patient and family’s unique cultural/spiritual beliefs, coping skills, pre-bereavement and anticipatory grief needs to offer a wide range of services to terminally-ill patients and families.
- Licensed Social Worker with the state of Ohio LISW preferred or LSW.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related degree as required for LSW licensure.
- One year social worker experience in a health care setting.
- Certification as a CHP-SW or ACHP-SW preferred.
- CPR Certified preferred.
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care.
- Able to drive during daytime, nighttime or inclement weather.
- Valid Driver’s License with Safe Driving Record.
- State Minimum Automobile Insurance coverage.
- Notary designation or intention to complete designation within six months of hire.
Benefits & Perks: your health and happiness matters! We offer:
- Competitive Pay (we actually mean it!)
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Preparation for certification and pay incentive on Hospice certification achievement
- Scrubs provided
- Stipend toward purchase of career wear
- Mileage reimbursement
- Organizational preceptor to assist with orientation and ongoing education
- Educational programs geared toward career advancement
- Career growth
- And much, much, more!
Ohio’s Hospice complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Ohio’s Hospice is proud to be platinum certified through SAGECare, which provides training and consulting on LGBT aging issues to service providers. Ohio’s Hospice welcomes those in the LGBT community to join our team.