Position: Nutrition Associate
Department: Women, Infant & Children (WIC)
Office: Health Promotion
Hours: Full-time, M – F 8 am – 4:30 pm
Starting Salary: B22/1/ $21.21- $25.79/Hour
$44,116.80 – $53,643.20/ Annual-up to Mid-range
* salary commensurate with relevant work experience*
• Graduate of an associate degree program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and registration as a Dietetic Technician or two-year technical certificate, or graduate of a baccalaureate program in nutrition/dietetics approved by the Ohio Board of Dietetics.
• Current Valid Ohio Driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle
• Required to play an active role during a public health emergency, crisis, outbreak, incident, or event in which the Health Commissioner deems additional changes in responsibilities and working locations /hours.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Performs anthropometrics and hematological data collection including finger sticks.
• Obtains health assessment data and provides nutrition consultation to pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants and preschool children.
• Develops nutrition care plan.
• Determines program eligibility and assigns appropriate food packages.
• Assists in and develops educational materials which meet the needs of agency service providers and is considerate of various educational, ethnic and socio-economic levels and community groups; Plans and conducts group nutrition education classes.
• May be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours.
PHDMC provides a quality, healthcare benefits package to full time employees, including the following:
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Vacation, sick and personal leave
• Paid holidays
• Membership with Ohio Public Employees Retirement Systems (OPERS)
• Eligibility to contribute to a Deferred Compensation Program
How to apply:
• Complete the application found on our website: www.phdmc.org/about/employment-postings.
Fax, email, or deliver the completed application and resume to Human Resources at:
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County email@example.com
117 South Main Street, 2nd Floor Fax (937) 496-3070
Dayton, Ohio 45422
This is a Grant Funded position
Position is subject to a criminal background check
Applicants who declare use of nicotine/tobacco in any form including replacement therapy products and prescription medications used to treat smoking
addiction on the PHDMC Application for Employment or addendum thereto, shall not be considered for employment.
Applicants who do not support and promote Public Health evidence-based and evidence-informed public health practices shall not be considered for a
position with Public Health
PUBLIC HEALTH- DAYTON & MONTGOMERY COUNTY (PHDMC) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS
OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS,
VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC TESTING, OR OTHER UNLAWFUL BIAS EXCEPT WHEN SUCH A FACTOR CONSTITUTES A BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL