1 Full-time OUTREACH ASSESSOR is needed in our Meals on Wheels department. Accountable for performing telephone and in-home assessments and providing direct service to eligible clients in the service area, with strict confidentiality. Person must know how to use Word and Excel and some Access. Position is M-F.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Provides assessment/reassessment services to eligible customers.
1. Conducts telephone intake interviews.
2. Performs home assessments of customers for Meal on Wheels service.
3. Coordinates referrals to appropriate agencies.
4. Expresses patience, care and respect to customers.
Maintains records and reports.
1. Completes all assessment and re-assessment documentation accurately and thoroughly in a timely manner.
2. Furnishes daily activity logs and meets established assessment/re-assessment quotas as required.
3. Monitors customers on extended hold to evaluate future need.
4. Performs periodic records review as assigned.
Performs various activities relating to the development of the program.
1. Assists in contacting customers who do not receive meals as needed.
2. Participates in staff meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions.
3. Answer telephone and assist callers appropriately.
Performs other related duties as required by the Supervisor including meal delivery if necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE OF: Social work practices, procedures and terminology; assessment procedure; counseling techniques; gerontology; community resources for older adults.
ABILITY TO: Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, social service agencies, and the general public; organize and maintain accurate records and reports; develop and maintain client service plans; communicate effectively both in oral and written form.
SKILLS: Interpersonal communications with older adults and their caregivers. Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
NOTE: In lieu of educational qualifications, additional and progressively responsible experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
Must have a reliable vehicle with appropriate car insurance, a clear driving record and pass a criminal background check and maintain a clear record.
BENEFITS: Dental, Medical, Vision, 401K and Life Insurance.