Summary: The Overnight Client Care Specialist is part of a mission-focused team that supports the continuum of family centered care through providing wraparound services to families of critically ill and injured pediatric patients receiving treatment in the Miami Valley Region. The primary function of the position is to maintain a home-like and supportive environment for guest families. Responsibilities include providing non-clinical support for patients and their families and maintaining the conditions of RMHC Dayton spaces.
Hours: This is a nonexempt, part time position, Hours are 8 PM – 8 AM, two nights per week. Occasional weekend or holiday hours may be required. $16 – $18 per hour.
Essential Responsibilities: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Guest Service Responsibilities:
- Provide support to guests & visitors
- Communicate with families
- Relay issues and needs to Program & Family Manager
- Maintain shift reports
- Keep all communal spaces stocked
- Empty trash (as necessary)
- Ensure cleanliness of common areas (including sweeping/vacuuming & mopping)
- Room turnover
- Report facility issues/items in need of repair
Safety and Security:
- Monitor keys/room use
- Be familiar with and able to carry out RMHC Dayton procedures in relation to fire safety, security, and maintenance
- Be Familiar with and willing to enforce House Rules
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be sensitive to the needs of families in crisis.
- Possess an understanding of and willingness to apply professional boundaries, including confidentiality
- Must receive vaccinations per hospital/ and or organizational policies
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers (including the Microsoft suite), phones, copiers, and fax machines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools, or control. The employee must be able to talk, hear and see. The employee must regularly lift and move objects up to 30 lbs. Ability to perform physical tasks normally associated with maintaining a house and managing inventory and supplies. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.