Production Supervisor (OMJ/MC)
Job Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day to day staffing and operation of the manufacturing areas. The individual is responsible for ensuring that the area is fully staffed and all equipment is in good working order for the days production run in addition to providing all required guidance and supervision to assigned personnel.
- Organizes, staffs, and leads production lines each day.
- Ensures all personnel follow Plant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Inspects and reviews proper function, adjustment, and alignment of all production equipment daily.
- Verifies that all necessary raw materials are delivered to production areas for employees to complete production for that shift.
- Trains and instructs production employees on proper and safe operation of all equipment that is used within their department.
- Assists the quality assurance specialist with verification that finished goods are meeting the appropriate quality standard.
- Ensures that all production employees are meeting safe work practice standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Must be able to bend and stoop regularly while working.
- Must be able to repetitively lift a maximum of 50 lbs. waist high and over the shoulder.
- Must be able to follow work instructions, effectively communicate information to co-workers and management, and write legibly.
- Must be able to operate powered industrial vehicles for materials movement.
- Must be able to complete simple math problems and measurement conversions.
- Must be able to comprehend the various phases of the position.
- Must be able to work required to day or weekend overtime as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Meat processing experience helpful, Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able effectively work and interact in a team environment.
- Assist other personnel to accomplish tasks from time to time.
- Must be able to travel as dictated by corporate needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance coverage.
- Willing to work overtime and some weekends as required to ensure that all operations are running efficiently and effectively.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements as the employee may be required to perform any other duties as assigned.