Qualified Behavioral Health Specialist (OMJ/MC)
A Qualified Behavioral Health Specialist that provides Therapeutic Behavioral Service is an individual who has received training or education in mental health competencies and has a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, with a Bachelor, or Master’s Degree and has demonstrated, prior to or within ninety days of hire, competencies in basic mental health skills along with competencies established by the Agency, and who are not otherwise designated as providers or supervisors, and who are not required to perform duties covered under the scope of practice according to Ohio professional licensure.
(A) Consultation with licensed practitioner or an eligible provider pursuant to paragraph (C) of this rule , to assist with the individual’s needs and service planning for individualized supports or care coordination of healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and non-healthcare services and development of a treatment plan;
(B) Referral and linkage to other healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and non-healthcare services to avoid more restrictive levels of treatment
(C) Interventions using evidence-based techniques
(D) Identification of strategies or treatment options
(E) Restoration of social skills and daily functioning
(F) Crisis Prevention
- Can assist clients by identifying methods and activities to help the development of a treatment plan
- TBS services can be provided with individualized supports, care coordination of healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and or non-healthcare services to assist with individualized needs.
- Provide assistance with referring and linking to other healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and non-healthcare services to avoid more restrictive levels of treatment.
- Work clinical staff, by utilizing interventions and evidence-based techniques to provide treatment to clients.
- Identify strategies and sessions activities along with client; or treatment options such as psychotherapy, or medical somatic services
- Provide support with the restoration of client’s social, interpersonal skills, and daily functioning by aiding the client with medical, educational, spiritual, and other services medically needed t assist with their mental health
- Utilize de-escalation techniques, suicidality and lethality assessments, and teaching daily functioning, resiliency skills and interventions to prevent crisis and encourage amelioration functioning, resiliency skills and interventions to prevent crisis and encourage amelioration
Education/ Training/ Or Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree is preferred
- A high school diploma with a minimum three years of relevant work experience is required
- Has demonstrated prior to or with ninety days of hire, competencies in basic mental skills along with competencies established by the agency.
- Valid Driver’s License
- First Aid/ CPR Certificate