Libra is looking for an experienced Welder & Fabricator to join our team in Dayton.
At Libra, we live for the challenge of complex requirements. With a legacy of businesses with long roots in system integration, precision machining, PCBA layout design and manufacturing, sheet metal and fabrication, and cable and wire harness we have combined them into a single Systems Integrator with broad vertical capabilities to support complex system requirements.
We provide end product System Integration – and the vertical requirements that go into them – for our Fortune 500 customers in the Robotics, Semi-cap, Aerospace & Defense, Medical, Communications and Industrial Equipment markets.
Why work at Libra?
Active Employee “Fun” Committee
You receive 8 hours of Voluntary Time Off to support your favorite charity
You have your birthday off with pay!
Our people are AWESOME!
Exciting projects that support our military men and women
Did I say our people are AWESOME!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Welder Fabricators must be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans
- The Welder Fabricator will use the blueprints along with other data, such as work plans, to develop and design their welding projects
- Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring, and welding metals to create the desired shape or object. This is highly detailed work and requires the Welder Fabricator to be knowledgeable of many techniques and tools
- A Welder Fabricator must constantly inspect and test welds and equipment
- Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma
SKILLS /EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Vocational school or technical schooling in welding
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have good hearing and sight
- You will need to be able to walk the shop floor and be able to lift comfortably up to 20 pounds