Youth Career Services Program Information
Table of Contents
• Welcome to YCS365
• Why would youth be interested in participating in YCS365?
• Who Can Participate in YCS365?
• Participation Requirements
• Operation Dates
• Application Process
• YCS365 Application
• Source Documents
• Terms and Conditions
• Work Permit Application Process
• YCS365 Office & Contact Information
Since its inception in 1999, Montgomery County Business Services' YouthWorks Program has provided Summer employment for in-school youth ages 14-18, who reside in Montgomery County.
When YouthWorks was first implemented, it served 25 youth participants. Since that time, the annual program has grown and served over 2,300 youth in partnership with over 500 businesses. In 2016, the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP) was launched. This program serves TANF & WIOA youth ages 16-24. In 2017, the Ohio State law was amended, creating a new CCMEP eligibility for youth ages 14-24.
As a result, Montgomery County YouthWorks Summer Employment Program is now Youth Career Services 365 (YCS365), a Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP). In addition, Median and Above Income Youth are encouraged to apply as limited additional funding has been made available.
The YCS 365 program allows youth to improve life skills management, increases job readiness skills, and provides work experience opportunities. Through this program, youth will have the opportunity to participate in multiple work experience sessions based on their individual availability during the year (Summer Session, Fall and Winter Session).
Note: Participation in a previous Summer Session is required for the Fall and Winter Session.
Youth that meet both Program/Service Eligibility Criteria:
- Resident of Montgomery County
- Youth between the ages of 14-18 years old (must be 14 at the time of application)
- Full-time Junior/High School student
- Must have an OhioMeansJobs.com account
- Total number of participants is based on available funds
- Complete TABE Basic Skills Assessment
- Complete Comprehensive Assessment Tool (JFS 03006)
- Participate in the development of an Individual Opportunity Plan (JFS 03004)
*Not all who apply will be accepted to participate in the program.
To participate, each youth must:
- Submit online application
- Provide documents outlined in the Application Process and submit as indicated
- Required documents must be received in Youth Career Services within 5 business days of application.
- Attend Intake Appointment(s) and complete service documents
- Submit current Work Permit Application prior to start of work session (if required)
- Comply with all Montgomery County Youth Career Services Terms & Conditions
Youth Resource Center
1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
Dayton, OH 45417
Current seasonal hours:
Tuesday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.